So it's my birthday today, although we'll be celebrating this weekend. You know, since I'm a big kid and everything; there is work to be done.
Anyway, this last year I took a nod from Mrs. Elsie Larson of A Beautiful Mess and created a list of 27 Things to do Before I turn 28. It's such a great idea. I wrote the list right after my birthday last year and then I put it away. Last week I took it out just to see where I was and I think I landed pretty fairly. Next week I'll post my new list of 28 Things to do Before 29.
1. Start a Blog
2. Buy a new camera - Thanks to Dad for getting it for my b-day!!
4. expand my vinyl collection - Gosh I can even count how many albums I've bought. Bon Iver, Green Day, Joan Jett, Modest Mouse, 2 Beatles, Florence, Elvis, White Stripes the list goes on! Here's where I was in Feb. - I have tripled my collection this year easy
6. Make a chalkboard window! I made this for the our new office! It's so fun! Thanks to chalkboard spray paint!
7. Read 10 books: The Host, Water For Elephants, All three Hunger Games, The Help, Neon Angel, the last 2 House of Night Series and I'm working on Little Bee - So Close!
9. Do another book for Tim - This is a scrap/art journal I made. Turned out really fun. This time I made one from a deck of cards.
12. Visit the fam in Michigan - I love Michigan. It is one of my favorite places.Warm during the day, cool at night.
13. New hair, cut or color. - Added some fun black sections back in. LOVE them
14. Pay off a student loan!! - Woot!
15. New GLASSES!
17. Add plaid to my wardrobe
20. Revamp the shoe collection
22. Purge the storage closet and reorganize
25. Get and new TV stand
All in all I think I did pretty well! I'm sure there are a few more things I could have knocked off the list, so this year I'll post it somewhere I can look at it everyday. Do you make goals? Am I a weirdo? Maybe, but I got some #$%^ done this year. booya!
P.S. I'll be posting an update from THIS before the b-day goals craft wise later!